Quake 4 Updater - Update for the popular 1st person shooter game
Version: 1.3The long-awaited sequel to QUAKE II, QUAKE 4 enlists gamers in the role of Matthew Kane, a member of the legendary Rhino Squad, to penetrate deep into the heart of the Strogg war machine and engage in a series of heroic missions to destroy the barbaric alien race.
Operating System: Mac OS X
QUAKE 4 begins only moments after the events of QUAKE II, with the Earths fleet launching a massive offensive to the planet Stroggos. As Matthew Kane, gamers invade the alien stronghold, fighting alone, along side other Marines, and in mechanized walkers and hover tanks as they encounter the Strogg and their disturbing amalgamations of man and machine.
Built on id Softwares revolutionary DOOM 3 technology, QUAKE 4 also features fast-paced multiplayer competition modeled after the speed, style and feel of QUAKE III Arena.
What's New in This Release:
· Version 1.3: This is an official update for Quake 4. It will fully update any previous version of Quake 4 to version 1.3. It is recommended for all users.
· This update for QUAKE 4 includes several new multiplayer maps, two new game modes, and the new Napalm Gun.
· Notes for Mod Users: Due to the vast number of updates and new functionality in the 1.3 Point Release, mods will have to be updated to the 1.3 code by each respective mod author in order to run correctly on the 1.3 version of QUAKE 4. Information regarding mods and news related to the QUAKE 4 SDK can be found at http://www.iddevnet.com/quake4/Quake4SDK. Aspyr does not provide any technical support for mods.With the update, Macintosh systems with an Intel Dual Core processor, which uses the SMP, will have a performance jump of 15 to 30 percent. In short, systems with this technology will see the game run faster and smoother than before. As with any new technology, SMP is reliant upon several components working in unison. Such components include the motherboard, CPU, GPU, system ram and sound card.
· dual core support
· a fixed pure server system
· fixed widescreen and aspect ratio support
· fixed server IP information within non-dedicated server.
· Quake 4 retail game.