Quark Interactive Designer - Combines sound, video, and animation with the page layout and design functionality of QuarkXPress
Version: 1.0.2With Quark Interactive Designer for QuarkXPress, you can create vibrant, interactive SWF projects - complete with features for sound, movies, and animation - using the same powerful tools that make QuarkXPress the world's premier design and page layout application.
License: Free To Try $199.00
Operating System: Mac OS X
There's no need to learn a new authoring environment; animation and interactivity flow naturally from your existing QuarkXPress design skills.
Your interactive layouts can share content and design attributes with your Web and print layouts so you can create and publish coordinated Web, print, and SWF pieces all from within QuarkXPress.
Here are some key features of "Quark Interactive Designer":
· Design for Flash output intuitively: Export projects in SWF (Flash) file format. You can design for Flash output intuitively and precisely without writing a single line of code or being tied to timelines.
· Design simultaneously for multiple channels: Create print, Web, and interactive layouts within the same project. The same designer in the same project can create the flyer, the Web site, and the Flash ad.
· Interact with layouts easily: Bring layouts to life without having to master timelines, ActionScript functions, or other complex features.
· Work within QuarkXPress 7: Use the familiar design and layout tools in QuarkXPress 7 for print, including transparency, Composition Zones™, and in-the-layout image editing.
· Choose a predefined action: Assign predefined actions to objects. You can choose from a list of over 100 predefined actions, such as page transitions, button clicks, and features for playing media files and building menus. You are not required to program for every action.
· Dedicate features for buttons, animations, and embedded movies
· Place buttons, animations, and embedded movies inside a QuarkXPress project. You can make sure your interactive elements within the final creation match the original concept.
· Collaborate on projects: Enable collaboration on projects by employing the Composition Zones feature in QuarkXPress 7. Quark Interactive Designer is the only Flash-creation application with built-in collaboration features.
· Construct interactive buttons: Create buttons with built-in design behaviors. For example, the built-in features define how a button displays when you click it down. With Quark Interactive Designer, it's easy to create self-contained buttons you can share. These buttons work similarly to library items, but they stay editable.
· Integrate HTML with SWF: Design and integrate Flash and HTML content in an Interactive layout using the Composition Zones technology inside a Web page (HTML). You can use the synchronized content without first exporting it as a SWF file and then re-importing. One or more Quark Interactive Designer users can design the HTML page and its embedded SWF file in the same application using the Quark Composition Zones technology. At export, the complete page is ready to post with a single click.
· Support scripting and expressions: Provide simple, palette-based scripting and expressions support. You can rapidly build interactivity and more sophisticated expressions.
· Support media files: Embed or link out of QuickTime movies, audio files, and Flash video (FLV) files. Quark Interactive Designer can call files in response to user input or the outcome of rules built into the layout.
· Animate objects with ease: Enable designers to animate an object simply by drawing a path on screen or incorporating a predefined animation. Quark Interactive Designer includes Animation objects that allow you to build reusable animations with frame-by-frame control. You can also draw a path on the screen to animate an object.
· Leverage true interactivity: Build interactive buttons and menus enabled through keyboard commands, and user input. This true interactivity allows you to control interactive designs.
· Ensure portability: Export files as SWF Flash files or standalone Projector applications for Mac OS or Windows. Multiple export formats for cross-platform production ensure that the exported files are viewable by the intended audience.
· QuarkXPress 7.02 or later
· CD-ROM drive for installation
· 32MB of additional RAM
· 105MB additional hard disk space for installation
· This demo version ads a watermark to the exported files