RealPoker is a poker game simulator.
Version: 0.2.8RealPoker is a poker game simulator.
Operating System: Linux
The feature set in the current version is limited. Poker games may be created. Robot players with a limited set of traits may be created. Simulations may be run.
· GTK+ version 2.10.x
If the directory ".RP" (without the quotes) does not already exist in your HOME directory then create it now. The format of the Player Library file has changed since the previous version of Real Poker (v 0.2.7). If the file "players.lib" exists in the ".RP" directory delete it now. In the src directory run "make" and then "make install" as the superuser. If this does not work for you drop me a note. The executable for Real Poker will be installed in "/usr/local/bin" and the data will be installed in "/usr/local/share/RP". If you would like to install the executable some place else change the Makefile. However, the location of the data cannot be changed unless you change the source code. All the data calls are hard coded in the source for now.
Optional - if you would like to install the already created games.lib file
which contains 4 games (7 Stud, 5 Stud, Hold'em & Draw) then:
1. if you are still the superuser exit to go back to your
normal user shell
2. change to your home directory
3. create a directory named ".RP" without the quotes
4. change directory to the Real Poker root (probably
5. copy the file named "games.lib" without the quotes to the
newly created .RP directory
Now run Real Poker by entering the command "realpoker" without the quotes or "rp" without the quotes.
What's New in This Release:
· added working traits to robot players -
· robot can adjust play to number of players in game
· robot can adjust play to position at table
· Info->Help now works
· changed installation organization
· redid user manual
· new format for the Player Library
· added type of simulation allowing user to fill in cards
· implemented deal rotating for simulations
· numerous minor improvements
· numerous minor bug fixes