Remote Kill - For when you really don't want to go to the other room to kill that miss behaving process
Version: 1.0I was inspired to write this program after the Finder on MacOS X died on me a few times too many. The normal way to fix this would be to reboot, but since I know a few UNIX commands I could ssh in, ps and kill the Finder. This would cause the system to start a new instance of the Finder and I could continue my work without having to quit my apps. Now, knowing how usefull kill has been for me, I surmised that other people could find just as many uses for it. If everyone knew how to use UNIX then they could go and kill their own process at will, but UNIX is not accessable to mortals (non-nerds). So I desided to write a GUI wraper for the three commands that I needed to kill apps on another computer.
Operating System: Mac OS X
Here are some key features of "Remote Kill":
· Comunication secured with ssh.
· "Phone home" on start up to check for a new version. No data is ever uploaded.
· Simple public and private key managment built in.
· Paths to commands can be customized.
· GUI is hackable via Thinlet xml file (look in the jar).