This free utility removes attachments from Outlook MSG files stored in the selected folder, including subfolders. The program allows you to specify the types of attachments to be removed and skipped and even parts of their names by mask.
Version: 4.10This free utility removes attachments from Outlook MSG files stored in the selected folder, including subfolders.
Operating System: Windows
The program allows you to specify the types of attachments to be removed and skipped and even parts of their names by mask.
Additional filtering options include Outlook item types, minimum attachment size, date range, and the removal of embedded Outlook items, inline and hidden attachments. For convenience, the utility can attach a text file with a list of deleted attachment names. The deletion can be safe if you specify a folder to move the original MSG files.
Key benefits of the utility:
- Safely removes attachments of MSG files in the selected folders by moving the originals to another location.
- Allows you to delete or skip attachments by file type and the file name mask.
- Can add a list of deleted attachments to MSG files.
- Can remove embedded Outlook items, hidden attachments, and inline attachments, such as pictures and documents in message body.
- Supports filtering by Outlook item types, the minimum size of attachments to be deleted, and the date range.
- Provides a standalone launcher application, a command-line utility, and Outlook add-in.
To automate and run the scheduled attachment removal, use the command line. This allows you to run the utility from your command scripts and Windows Task Scheduler.
Version 4.10: New features and enhancements.