Ren'ai is a dating simulation engine.
Version: 0.0.1-1Ren'ai project is a dating simulation engine.
Operating System: Linux
Ren'ai/Dating Simulation Engine is derived from a type of computer game from Japan. The player controls a point of view (POV) game character, who interacts with other game characters in the hopes of winning the love of one of them.
So far all of these games are closed source, and none have been translated into English.
The Ren'ai includes a cross platform, internationalized game engine, on which dating sim type games can be played, plus an English based game to play on that engine.
Here are some key features of "Ren ai":
· The game will be set at a high-school in Japan (though it might not be explicitly pointed out that it's in Japan); the characters will have Japanese names.
· The progress and outcome of the game will be entirely decided by interaction with other characters. The player won't have the option of spending time to become more athletic or more intellectual (it won't be a stats based game); there won't be any video-game like fights embedded within the game.
· The target game characters (the characters the POV character tries to win) will be both girls and boys.
· The POV character can be either male or female. This will have no influence on how the POV character interacts with the game characters (to make it matter would make the first release of the game too complex).
· No erotica/porn/hentai.
· The game engine will run on Windows, Macintosh and UNIX/Linux (at least), and will be written in C++.