Resource Standard Metrics is a tool for C/C++, Java and C# which generates source code metrics.
Version: 7.64Resource Standard Metrics is a tool for C/C++, Java and C# which generates source code metrics. Source code quality metrics and complexity are measured by this tool from the written source code yielding actual measures of your team's performance. Source code metric differentials can be determined between baselines using RSM code differential work files. Source code metrics (SLOC, KSLOC, LLOC) from this tool can provide line of code derived function point metrics. RSM has been adopted as a corporate standard metrics tool for many Fortune 100 software companies for compliance to ISO9001, CMMI and AS9100. You will find RSM the best software source code metrics tool where one inexpensive tool does it all.
License: Free To Try
Operating System: Linux
Since 1986, M Squared Technologies LLC has been developing high quality, easy-to-use software for the software development professional. In today's demanding software development environment, Our mission is to provide the products that help you develop your software to the highest possible standards for quality and efficiency. Our flagship product RSM provides software source code metrics including SLOC, Function Point and quality metrics.
You will find our software development tools are fast, easy-to-use, and no fuss. They are used around the world in over 40 countries, by thousands of companies and end users. We are glad you are here and hope to serve you with products that raise the standard!
Resource Standard Metrics, or RSM, is a source code metrics and quality analysis tool unlike any other on the market. RSM provides a standard method for analyzing C, ANSI C++, C# and Java source code across operating systems. The unique ability of RSM to support virtually any operating system provides your enterprise with the ability to standardize the measurement of source code quality and metrics throughout your organization. RSM provides the fastest, most flexible and easy-to-use tool to assist in the measurement of code quality and metrics.
Typical Use Cases for RSM:
· Determine source code LOC, SLOC, KSLOC for C, C++, Java and C#
· Measure software metrics for each baseline and determine metrics differentials between baselines
· Baseline code metrics are captured independent of metrics differentials so history is preserved
· Report CMMI, ISO metrics for code compliance audit
· Perform source code static anaysis, best used for code peer reviews
· Remove tabs, convert from DOS to UNIX format, and pretty print code
· Measure and analyze source code for out sourced or subcontacted code
· Measure cyclomatic code complexity and analyze interface complexity for maintenance.
· RSM is the best source code metrics tool for massive baseline trees
Here are some key features of "Resource Standard Metrics":
· RSM is the fastest and most cost effective metrics and analysis tool commercially available
· RSM complies with SEI-CMMI definitions of software source code metrics
· RSM is used around the world by leading companies, from Alcatel to Volvo
· Use this ONE tool across all operating systems provide C source code metrics, C++ source code metrics, C# source code metrics and Java source code metrics.
· Use this ONE tool across all project languages for K&R and ANSI C, ANSI C++, C#, and Java 2.0+
· Create User Defined Code Quality Notices with Regular Expressions or use the 40+ predefined code quality notices.
· Use RSM to satisfy AS9100, TickIT, CMMI Levels 3 and 4 compliance
· RSM integrates with Visual Studio, .NET, JBuilder, Eclipse and other popular IDE's
· NO limitations to the file length, number of files, or usage
· RSM has quickly processed projects consisting of over 10,000 files and 12,000,000 Lines of Code
· Clearly listed prices, easy online ordering with 24 hour or less order fulfillment, NO salespeople or arbitrary pricing!
· Available as Single-User, Network, or Site License for Windows, Linux and UNIX - Order Form
· Use one tool across all project languages for K&R and ANSI C, ANSI C++ and Java 2.0+ - RSM Options and Reports
· Determine exactly how RSM sees your code - Deterministic Report
· Create reports in HTML with hyperlinks to the code - HTML Output Mode
· Create reports in XML with a optional XSL file - XML Output Mode
· Create reports in CSV format for direct input to MS Excel Spreadsheets - CSV Reports
· Create reports in Text format for screen, print and import into documents - Text Report
· Simple command line operation with runtime options making - RSM Options and Reports
· The only restrictions on the evaluation copy is that the evaluation version only supports metrics for up to 10 source files. This number of files is generally sufficient for student projects and evaluation purposes.