Rhapsody is an IRC client for Unix operating systems intended to be displayed on a text console.
Version: 0.28bRhapsody is an IRC client for Unix operating systems intended to be displayed on a text console or terminal. It is small, fast, portable and easy to use, yet it is full featured.
Operating System: Linux
The thing that separates it from the crowd is its intuitive menu driven user interface. Check out the screenshot area for more information.
It is written entirely from scratch in C and uses the ncurses library. It compiles and has been tested on Linux, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, NetBSD, Solaris, IRIX, Mac OS X, BeOS, Hurd, Syllable and Cygwin.
Most importantly, Rhapsody is a FREE software. Grab it from the download section!
Here are some key features of "Rhapsody IRC":
· Multi server support.
· Clean, easy to use menu driven user interface.
· Favorite server, channel and user lists.
· Ignore lists.
· Configurable interface color themes.
· Large file (over 2GB) support.
Protocols that are supported:
· IRC (obviously)
· DCC chat
· DCC file transfers
What's New in This Release:
· This release fixes a bug that causes client lockups when initiating a DCC chat.
· Some minor feature enchancements have been included as well.