Root-tail is a program that allows printing of text directly to the X11 root window wherever you choose.
Version: 1.2Root-tail is a program that allows printing of text directly to the X11 root window wherever you choose, much like running rxvt with a pixmap background but without the hassle and with more features.
Operating System: Linux
What's New in This Release:
· replaced default font by "*" to "ensure" some font is found.
· accept hexadecimal window ids, as does everybody else(?).
· made it compile with ansi-89-based compilers again.
· add hack to support nautilus (not very stable, nautilus should either use extended window manager hints or __SWM_VROOT, as everybody else does).
· do not initialize the window twice (fixes problems with multiple visuals).
· new option: -minspace.
· fixed seg fault if geometry is too short to fit a single line
· fix bug which became apparent if -no-filename or null