runcronjobs is a script to run centralized cron jobs.
Version: 0.2runcronjobs is a script to run centralized cron jobs.
Operating System: Linux
runcronjobs processes the execution of centralized cron jobs for a pool of servers. The cron jobs are any executable files (scripts and binaries). runcronjobs runs cronjobs located in a given directory if the current host is specified as a target host for this jobs (see directives bellow). This allows to centralize all the cron jobs of a set of servers in a common shared directory.
Here are some key features of "runcronjobs":
· notification by mail on each invocation
The mail report begins with a global summary for all the jobs : timestamp of the begin of execution, timestamp of the end, elapsed time, return code, following by the output of each of them (and optionnal additionnal informations).
· capabilities of parallelization for jobs executions
· optionnal delay before execution
COMMAND LINE ARGUMENTS
The command line arguments are :
- v --verbose : verbose level
- d --debug : debug level
- n --dry-run : dry run, don't execute jobs
- f --foreground : jobs are no threaded
- -no-sleep : sleep directives are ignored
- -no-mail : don't send mail
- h hostname : simule execution from this host
- c config_file : use an alternate configuration file (default is runcronjobs.conf located in the executable directory or, if not found, in /etc)