s(M)exoscope - Visually monitor audio wave forms
Version:s(M)exoscope is an oscilloscope VST plugin. You can use it to visually monitor audio wave forms.
Operating System: Mac OS X
Why would you do this? Well, why not? There are countless times when being able to see what your audio waveform looks like could be useful. For all those other times, well, it's very pretty to look at! You'll know when the time is right.
The s(M)exoscope also contains a tool that can be used to analyze the waveform currently in the display. Based on where you place a marker, the tool analyzes the x and y dimensions of the waveform to calculate the following:
· selection amplitude (linear)
· selection amplitude (decibels)
· selection length (in samples)
· selection length (in seconds)
· selection length (in milliseconds)
· selection frequency (assuming that the selection is one cycle in length)
NOTE: apulSoft ported this plugin to the AU format.