Scan2Database consist of a kommander script that will allow you to scan a specified number of pages.
Version: 0.5Scan2Database consist of a kommander script that will allow you to scan a specified number of pages which are then merged into a single PDF file, zipped and the file stored in folder on your disk drive.
Operating System: Linux
The filename, a description, a category and a date are stored in a MySQL database. Files can be search for and retrieved via a webinterface.
Here are some key features of "Scan2Database":
· Detection of scanning devices on your system that are supported by SANE.
· Scanning of multiple pages into a single document.
· Document conversion to PDF.
· File compression using ZIP to save Disk space.
· Scanning at different preset resolutions (100-600 dpi)
· Scanning in different color modes (might depend on your scanner)
· Supported are lineart (small file size, good enough for plain text), grayscale (medium file size, good for most things where color doesn't matter), color (big file size, if you need the color).
· Creation of a unique file name to avoid loss of data (not rock solid, there must be a better way to do it (TODO)
· Storage of the filename, the date, the file description and a Category to a MySQL database.
· Reads the list of available categories from the MySQL database for easy maintance.
Run the Installation.kmdr script. This should create a database add a user with a password for the database to the MySQL setup. Install a webinterface to search an access the scanned and stored documents.
YOU BETTER DO NOT USE THE WEBINTERFACE ON A SERVER THAT IS ACCESSIBLE FROM THE INTERNET!
If you intent to do that, make sure that the web directory is only accessible from the local machine!
What's New in This Release:
· further improved the website. The look is now controled entirely using the css file.
· changed the over all look of the webinterface a bit.
· cleaned up some php code.
· added a (more or less) unique identifier to the filename when inserting an existing file through the web interface.
· changed the default mode to lineart and 300 dpi (due to really small file size when using dvju instead of pdf files).