Schick - Transfer files over Rendezvous network
Version: 3.2I wanted a simple and fast way to exchange small files, like Word-Documents, Pictures, URLs, etc. iChat and similar tools need much configuration and registering - I wanted a technique that would "just work".
Operating System: Mac OS X
I used to use Mac OS X' FileSharing and the DropBox, but I don't get notified, and I have to mount the other user's Home DropBox by hand. Additionally the number of logged in users on Mac OS X Client is limited. Since no tool existed for this purpose, I made my own (as usual).
Here are some key features of "Schick":
· No configuration necessary
· Automatically fetches username and user image from your Macintosh Preferences / Address Book.
· Rendezvous-enabled network, usually every standard Ethernet Network can handle Rendezvous (also known as Zeroconf).
What's New in This Release:
· Fixed bug, where Schick crashed on transfer of 0-byte-files.
· Fixed bug wich prevented Schick from transferring files from PPC- to Intel-Macs.
· New Package-Installer