Sdictionary is a cross-platform dictionary project uses own Sdict dictionary format.
Version: 1.2.4Sdictionary is a cross-platform dictionary project uses own Sdict dictionary format. Sdictionary includes Sdict, the main program and two simple applications: Jotter and Data.
Operating System: Linux
Unlike ptkdic or gtkdic no MySQL needed, so you can work with dictionary files directly. Currently it is known to work under Unix, Win32 and Symbian OS.
Here are some key features of "Sdictionary":
· Open Source, .dct format is also open and described in documentation
· Unicode, all words and articles are stored in utf8
· Two index levels: short and full
· Using compression
· Tools to convert from text file to .dct and vice versa
· Simple Web dictionary included into package
· C library framework
· Perl API (Sdict.pm module)
· Simple Jotter and Data applications
· Perl 5.8.x (tested with 5.8.5, ActivePerl 5.8.4 build 810/win32). ActivePerl includes two below modules.
· Module Tk supported unicode (tested with 804.027);
· Module Compress::Zlib in case of using compressed dictionaries
What's New in This Release:
· Reference navigation was fixed for some languages.