Seamless is a software DVD player, a program that allows you to watch DVD movies on your laptop or desktop computer.
Version: -Seamless is a software DVD player, a program that allows you to watch DVD movies on your laptop or desktop computer. It offers support for menus, angles and many other popular DVD features, and is able to play most commercial DVD movies available. Currently, Seamless offers a simple graphical user interface, that can be controlled with either the keyboard or a remote control. It includes a full-screen mode that is adequate for comfortably watching movies using your computer monitor or a external TV set.
Operating System: Linux
Seamless is available under the terms of the GNU General Public License, which means you are free to download it, install it in as many computers as you please, and even hand it all of your friends and relatives (they'll surely love it!). Also, if you are so inclined, you can study Seamless' program source code and modify it to better fit your needs and desires. If you want to read the fine print, you can take a look at the actual license, which not only will let you understand the exact actual copying conditions, but will give you a peek into the wonderful world of Free Software.
To start the program, run the src/seamless.py script in the source tree. The default configuration displays video through the XVideo XServer extension, and plays audio through the first ALSA supported sound card found. This should work out of the box in most modern systems.
In case you need to tweak this setup, you can run Seamless with the --help option to see a description of the available parameters.
Once playing, operation is pretty simple:
· Use the arrow keys to move inside menus and the Return key to confirm.
· When playing a film Esc takes you to the menu ("menu" key in a normal remote)
· PageUp and PageDown jump chapters back and forth.
· Shift+RightArrow and Shift+LeftArrow jump 10 seconds forward and backward, respectively.
· Clicking anywhere on the main window switches between normal and full screen mode.
· P pauses playback. Pressing P again restarts it.
· F2 switches audio streams.
· F3 switches angles.
· Closing the window terminates the program.
· Python version 2.4 or newer
· PyGTK version 2.8 or newer