smf-spamd is a Sendmail filter for SpamAssassin.
Version: 1.3.1smf-spamd is a Sendmail filter for SpamAssassin. Sendmail filter for SpamAssassin aims to be lightweight, reliable, and simple rather than have a myriad of options.
Operating System: Linux
It only scans the messages less than defined size, has a hosts/networks whitelist, performs subject tagging if SPAM is detected, adds an information header, copies SPAM messages to the defined "garbage" mailbox, rejects SPAM messages at the SMTP DATA stage, and logs all filter activities to syslog.
The code is small (does not exceed 580 lines), fast, stable, and few resources are required. No temporary files are created.
Here are some key features of "Sendmail filter for SpamAssassin":
· It has a hosts/networks whitelist;
· It can scan messages less than a defined size only;
· It can tag the Subject if SPAM has been detected;
· It can add an information header with scan results to scanned messages;
· It can copy SPAM messages to the special "garbage" mailbox;
· It rejects SPAM messages at the SMTP DATA stage, if SPAM score is greater than a defined value;
· It can log all milter activities through the syslog service.
· Small code;
· Fast work;
· Stability (production quality);
· Few system resources are required;
· No temporary files are created.
What's New in This Release:
· Incorrect handling of missed Message-Id: header was fixed.
· Cosmetic enhancements were made.