SETEDIT project is a friendly text editor.
Version: 0.5.4SETEDIT project is a friendly text editor. It is a text mode application with windows, buttons, mouse support, etc. The main target of the project are programmers so the editor is mainly oriented to programming.
Operating System: Linux
Here are some key features of "SETEDIT":
· DOS or any other OS that can emulate DOS in a decent way.
· GNU/Linux for i386. (The code runs for Alpha, AMD64, ARM, HPPA, Itanium (IA64), PPC and SPARC but isn't fully tested).
· Darwin, FreeBSD, NetBSD and OpenBSD. May be also other BSD flavors.
· Solaris (Tested on a SPARC64 machine and also an x86 machine)
· Intuitive interface using windows and mouse. I use Turbo Vision for it.
· The state of all windows is remembered
· Configurable keyboard
· Configurable menus
· You can run external programs pressing a key or using the menu
· Projects to group files with some common criteria
· Documentation generator
· Very fast (and yet configurable) syntax highlight for:
· 4DOS batch files
· 80x86 assembler (AT&T syntax)
· 80x86 assembler (Intel syntax)
· 8x51 assembler
· Cascading Style Sheets version 2
· Clipper 5.x
· Command Line Errors File
· Environment files
· Flat assembler
· Internationalization files (.po)
· Java Script
· Menu files [config. file of the editor]
· Modula 2
· Netwide Assembler (NASM)
· Objetive C
· PDP11 assembler
· PIC assembler (Microchip)
· PMacros files [config. file of the editor]
· SDG format files [config. file of the editor]
· sLisp macros [config. file of the editor]
· SPARC assembler
· The syntax highlight file itself [config. file of the editor]
· Turbo Vision configuration files
· UNIX shell scripts
· Class browser using TAGS
· Word completion using TAGS
· Support for UNIX files for DOS and DOS files for Linux.
· Transparent support for compressed text files (gzip and bzip2 formats)
· Context sensitive help system
· Syntax help system
· Reader for .info help files with many features as bookmark, open more than one window, search, mouse, etc.
· Code pages support
· Customizable colors
· Customizable palette of colors
· MP3 player!
· Dialogs to configure the debug mode (local, remote and running process), the command line options for the program, gdb binary, xterm binary, messages displayed, etc.
· Breakpoints, simple ones and advanced options including conditional breakpoints, breakpoints at functions, ignore count, etc.
· Watchpoints, they are data breakpoints.
· Options to run, continue, step over, trace into, run upto return, etc.
· Options to stop and kill the program.
· Thread selection.
· Evaluate and modify data.
· Data Window and Stack to browse the memory (very complete and with its own menu).
· Data Watches, like then ones in RHIDE and also with scope.
· Data Inspectors, used to analyze complex data structures.
· Disassembler Window, including syntax highlight and allowing to modify the registers.
· Calling stack, with functionality to browse the call chain.