Shallows is a C++ library designed to make GPGPU programming easier and safer.
Version: 0.90Shallows is a C++ library designed to make GPGPU programming easier and safer. We aim to reduce the time spent on writing and debugging OpenGL related C/C++ code, so the developers of GPGPU applications can concentrate on implementing the algorithms instead.
Operating System: Linux
GPGPU applications are all about performance, the overhead by using shallows is therefore kept low.
Shallows absolutely requires a Shader Model 3.0 card. As of today this implies that only Nvidia 6xxx and 7800 cards will work. It also requirees a recent driver with the GL_EXT_framebuffer_object extension.
· A working Python interprenter
· The scons buidld system. (Most modern Linux distributions should have it the repositories.
· The Boost C++ libraries. We only rely upon classes in the new std::tr1 namespace, but since Visual Studio 2005 not will support this, it is a low priority to migrate.
· OpenGL 2.0 compilant drivers
· A modern C++ compiler. Both Visual Studio .Net 2003 and GCC 3.x and 4.x should be supported.