Close, start or restart Windows Explorer the proper way (i.e. not just killing the process) with the press of a key, or from the command line. If restarting the shell is a part of your job, then ShellDispenser is the tool you have been looking for!
Version: 8.11.27When you often need to restart the Windows shell (Windows Explorer), you know what a hassle it can be to do it the "official" way. And so do we.
License: Free To Try $14.00
Operating System: Windows
That is why we have created ShellDispenser; a small utility that will make restarting the Windows shell that much easier.
In the old days, you needed to use Task Manager to kill off Windows Explorer the hard way (which is the improper way by the way).
An alternative was to use the "Turn off computer" screen, but that is even more cumbersome. ShellDispenser on the other hand allows you to restart your shell with the press of a key!
If restarting the shell is a part of your job, then ShellDispenser is the tool you have been looking for!
Some characteristics of ShellDispenser are:
- Close, start and restart the shell with the press of a key
- Which keys to use is fully customizable
- Good on-line help support
- Closes the shell the proper way (i.e. not by brutely terminating the process)
- All shell operations can be performed from the command line for easy integration in scripts
- Can be hidden in the notification area to make some room on your screen
- Very small application size