SimpleKDE aims to be a lightweight, clean, and user-friendly fork of the KDE desktop environment.
Version: 3040101SimpleKDE is a lightweight desktop environment for UNIX and UNIX based operating systems like Linux, FreeBSD, and OpenSolaris. Shortly it provides a graphical user interface on top of UNIX shells.
Operating System: Linux
SimpleKDE is not written from scratch; in fact, it is a fork of well known, powerful desktop environment KDE. SimpleKDE, inherits the powerful features of its ancestor, but provides a more usable and faster environment.
The project is currently maintained by Turkix Foundation; all other KDE developers , fans are welcome to join the development. SimpleKDE is in no way a competitor to KDE, but an unofficial, complementary sub-project, that shares its codebase with the community, according to GNU/GPL
Here are some key features of "SimpleKDE":
· Providing a less bloated, less featured but more usable fork of KDE
· Providing an easier Control Center
· Making speed improvements by dropping unnecessary features
· Optimizing KDE for higher performance
· Being more responsive to patches/improvements coming from the KDE community
· Sharing our improvements with KDE community
What's New in This Release:
· UI enchancements in every corner of KDE
· Elimination of unnecessary components and styles
· Code Optimization
· Redesigned & simplified KControl (especially LookNFeel part)