SkullyDoo is an open source and portable software aimed to 3D image segmentation and visualization with surface models.
Version: 1.0SkullyDoo is an open source and portable software aimed to 3D image segmentation and visualization with surface models. The software was implemented C++ and has a versatile filter mechanism with TCL scripting language binding. The visualization was made with VTK, a powerful visualization framework.
Operating System: Linux
SkullyDoo supports various image formats. DICOM support is available.
Here are some key features of "SkullyDoo":
· The soft must provide an interactive visualization 3D environment. This requirement is accomplished with VTK visualization framework.
· The soft must provide an uniform interface to accomplish 3D image segmentation, without mattering about the segmentation Method. This requirement is accomplished using Object Oriented techniques and implementing the software with C++ language.
· The soft must provide an user friendly interface (GUI). FLTK was used for GUI construction.
· The soft must have an acceptable response time for algorithm execution, and for visualization tasks. C++ and VTK was the solution.
· The soft must be potable between different platforms. To accomplish this requirement, the developers implemented the soft in ANSI-C++, and using a portable configuration management scheme like CMake. Also, data structures were programmed using STL (Standard Template Library).
What's New in This Release:
· English version available