Slackselect is a package manager for Slackware that can install, remove, and upgrade packages.
Version: 0.5Slackselect is a little tool, to manage your Slackware packages. It is a little bit like pkgtool, but it has all the functions I need: as a Debian user, used to use dselect, I wanted to upgrade my Slackware installation (on my Backupcomputer) a little bit smooth.
Operating System: Linux
So with Slackselect I can just tell from which Mirror I want it to get the packages, and it will upgrade all packages I want, without having to install everything again. You can install from FTP/HTTP and CD-Sets. It can also find obsolete packages you may want to remove.
What's New in This Release:
· The "compare_version" algorithm was replaced with a new and better "version_checker", fixing issues with broken version comparisons.
· Some variables in diff were quoted so that spaces in filenames are handled correctly.
· The length of FTP server names was extended and FTP input handling was corrected to only save values if there are any.
· The radio list was changed to a check list in "Remove source list".
· Path names for downloading package lists were corrected.