SMPlayer is a free open source media player for Windows and Linux with built-in codecs that can play virtually all video and audio formats. It doesn't need any external codecs. SMPlayer can also play, search and download Youtube videos.
Version: 17.10.2SMPlayer is a free open source media player for Windows and Linux with built-in codecs that can play virtually all video and audio formats. It doesn't need any external codecs.
Operating System: Windows
SMPlayer can also play, search and download Youtube videos. It can find and download subtitles as well.
One of the most interesting features of SMPlayer: it remembers the settings of all files you play.
So you start to watch a movie but you have to leave... don't worry, when you open that movie again it will resume at the same point you left it, and with the same settings: audio track, subtitles, volume...
Some other interesting features:
- It can play and download Youtube videos. A Youtube browser is included, which allows to easily download Youtube videos too.
- Complete preferences dialog, where you can change the key shortcuts, colors and fonts of the subtitles, and many more.
- Support for skins and icon themes.
- Possibility to search and download subtitles from opensubtitles.org.
- Thumbnail generator.
- Filters. Many video and audio filters are available: deinterlace, postprocessing, denoise... and even a karaoke filter (voice removal).
- Seeking by mouse wheel. You can use your mouse wheel to go forward or backward in the video. The mouse buttons can also be customized.
- Video equalizer, allows you to adjust the brightness, contrast, hue, saturation and gamma of the video image.
- Multiple speed playback. You can play at 2X, 4X... and even in slow motion.
- Audio and subtitles delay adjustment. Allows you to sync audio and subtitles.
- Advanced options, such as selecting a demuxer or video & audio codecs.
- On your own language: currently SMPlayer is translated into more than 30 languages, including Spanish, German, French, Italian, Russian, Chinese, Japanese....
- Free and open source. SMPlayer is under the GPL license.
- Compatible with Windows XP / 2003 / Vista / Server
Version 17.10.2: Support for 2 in 1 computers with touch screens. Support for Chromecast. Option to send video to an external screen. Support for high DPI screens.
Version 0.8.4: New option to select the fps for external subtitles. Support for encoding ISO-8859-16 for subtitles. Better support for mplayer2. New translations: Thai and Hebrew.