SolidState is a web-based Customer Management and Billing solution designed for Web Hosting companies.
Version: 0.4.1SolidState is a web-based Customer Management and Billing solution designed for Web Hosting companies. SolidState project is developed in PHP, and uses MySQL as the backend database. It is licensed under the GPL, meaning the source code is available for free and you are encouraged to modify it, improve it, secure it, and submit your changes back to the project.
Operating System: Linux
Some things you can do with Solid-State include:
· Track active, pending, and inactive accounts
· Create and track invoices that can be printed or emailed to your customers
· Specify your own recurring web hosting and domain registration services
· Setup one-time purchases, such as add-on services or special fees.
Register domains through a reseller API, if supported (at this time only Directi/Reseller Club is)
SolidState is a young project, started by John Diamond in November 2005, and sponsored by Solid Internet Systems, Inc. The current and first public release is v0.2. The goal of the project is for version 1.0 to be a complete open source alternative to the existing commercial solutions for web host customer management.
Obviously these products are much more feature rich than the current state of the project, but it is hoped that many will contribute their skills to this fledgling application, and produce not just a more affordable, but a more usefull, more secure, and more intuitive solution for the entire Web Hosting industry.
NOTE: For the most up-to-date installation documentation please visit the Solid-State Homepage: http://www.solid-state.org
· Copy the source tree to your web root directory
· Create a new MySQL database:
$ mysqladmin -u root -p create solidstate
· Grant privileges for the solidstate database:
$ mysql -u root -p
mysql> GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON solidstate.· TO apache@localhost IDENTIFIED BY 'password';
Where: 'apache@localhost' is the username of your web server's MySQL account 'password' is the user's password
· Don't forget to activate your new privlieges:
mysql> FLUSH PRIVILEGES;
· Import the Solid-State DB scheme:
$ mysql -u apache -p solidstate < db/solid-state.mysql.sql
· Edit application.conf:
- Set your company name and email address in the tag
- Configure your database in the < database > tag
- Configure your name servers in the < nameservers > section
- Configure any modules with your company specific info
· Login as admin, password: temp
What's New in This Release:
· A remote file inclusion vulnerability present in most class files was fixed.
· A French translation and a Bosnian translation were added for the Order interface.
· A bug that was preventing services that recurred once a month from showing up on invoices was fixed.
· A check was added to the "generate invoice" page to prevent invoices from being generated for inactive or non-billable accounts.
· A bug that was preventing order line-items from being executed on PHP 4 installs was fixed.
· Other minor bugs were fixed.