Songwrite 2 is a tablature (guitar partition) editor.
Version: 220.127.116.11Songwrite 2 is a tablature (guitar partition) editor. It is coded in Python and uses Gtk and Cairo; it relies on Timidity to play midi and on GNU Lilypond for printing.
Operating System: Linux
Here are some key features of "Songwrite 2":
· edit tablatures (guitar, bass, banjo,...) and staff, and add lyrics to write your own songs !
· create your own songbook
· play your partitions
· print your partitions and your songs
· convert automatically staffs to tablatures and tablatures to staffs
· export your songs into many formats (PDF, Midi, ASCII tablatures, GNU Lilypond, LaTeX, PostScript,...)
· import Guitar Pro 3 / 4 file (experimental)
· Python 2.5
· EditObj 2
· GTK 2, Cairo and their Python bindings
· GNU Lilypond (version 2.11.20 is recommanded)
· Timidity (or any other MIDI player)
· Ghostview (or any other Postscript viewer)
What's New in This Release:
· Guitar pro importer was missing
· Fix copy / paste of notes with alterations on staffs
· Fix view name translation
· Fix "AttributeError: 'ObjectPack' object has no attribute 'song'" when selecting notes
· Fix copy-paste between different windows