Fully-featured compression application and encoder, enabling users to re-purpose video content for web
Version: 18.104.22.168Sorenson Squeeze is the industry-leading video encoding tool, enabling users to efficiently re-purpose video content for web, CD or DVD applications. Squeeze allows users to output content in all popular formats including: Flash, QuickTime, Windows Media, MPEG-1, MPEG-2 and MPEG-4.
License: Free To Try $499.00
Operating System: Mac OS X
The Suite also compresses the highest-quality video for Macromedia Flash files.
While most compression tools are cumbersome, with steep learning curves, Squeeze is easy to use and requires no in-depth knowledge of the complexities of compression technology. Squeeze reduces your digital video to a fraction of its original size, allowing you to pack more onto CDs and DVDs or to stream across the Internet much more affordably.
Sorenson Squeeze Compression Suite includes Sorenson Video 3 Pro, Sorenson Spark Pro, Sorenson MPEG-4 Pro and Sorenson H.264 Pro video codecs.
Supports the On2 VP6 Pro Encoder and Bias Soundoap plugins (sold separately). VP6 and Soundoap are included as part of Squeeze 5 Pro.
Here are some key features of "Sorenson Squeeze Compression Suite":
Video compression is as easy as 1, 2, 3:
· Open an uncompressed video file.
· Select an intelligent preset.
· Press "Squeeze It."
Achieve the best audio and video quality and maximize the impact of your media with Sorenson Squeeze.
· One-Pass Variable Bit Rate (VBR) compression
One-Pass VBR compression reduces processing time to non-VBR standards while delivering only slightly lower quality than Two-Pass VBR compression.
· Two-Pass Variable Bit Rate (VBR) compression
Squeeze supports Two-Pass VBR, which produces higher-quality video than standard compression while only adding slightly more processing time.
· High Definition (HD) encoding options
Squeeze includes High Definition (HD) encoding options for AVC/H.264, Flash, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, QuickTime, RealMedia, and Windows Media*.
Audio and video filters
With Squeeze, users get maximum flexibility with advanced control of audio/video parameters such as:
· Audio normalization - Squeeze analyzes your audio to find the loudest sound and then adjusts the audio to maximum volume.
· Contrast/brightness - Contrast changes the range of dark-to-light pixels in a linear fashion. Brightness makes the image lighter or darker. Contrast and brightness filters can improve the compression quality.
· Deinterlacing - Squeeze's deinterlacing feature can improve the look of your video by removing interlacing artifacts created by the two fields-per-frame nature of conventional video.
· Fade in/out - Fade in/out lets you create a black or white fade segment at the beginning or end of your movie.
· Telecine removal - Telecine removal maintains video quality by removing the extra frames that are added (3:2 pull down) when film (24 frames per second) is transferred to video (30 frames per second).
· Video noise reduction - The video noise reduction feature reduces video noise in your content without causing it to appear fuzzy. Reducing noise can increase video encoding quality.
· White/black restore (with image smoothness slider) - Squeeze gives you the option to control the levels of white and black in your video.
Productivity and Workflow
Squeeze provides powerful features that allow you to streamline your workflow and maximize your job throughput.
· Faster encoding -- New!
Squeeze 5 increases encoding speeds on multiple files with multi-thread encoding. Improvements have been made in On2 Flash, MPEG-2, and many pre-processing features.
· Native MacIntel support
MacOS X on Intel processors is supported natively.
· FLV player
The new Sorenson Media FLV player makes it possible to play and preview all of your encoded FLV files. Clicking the Play button on encoded FLV files from within the batch window automatically launches the FLV player for instant previewing of the FLV.
· Improved, easy-to-edit Flash player skin templates for SWF and FLV
Easily customize and change the look and feel without adding a great deal of file size to video projects. These new FLA files are easy to edit in Flash with easy to follow documentation.
· Linked or embedded FLV option for SWF
Squeeze now follows Adobe's recommended method for linking to an FLV from SWF files by default. This feature also makes it possible to have player controls for an FLV located on a remote server.
· Metadata encoding/passthrough
Meta data input and output for Flash, QuickTime, Windows Media, MPEG-4, and MP3.
· Source pixel aspect ratio control
Squeeze now automatically detects the source file's pixel aspect ratio. Users can use the source pixel auto detection or they can define the source pixel aspect ratio manually.
Flash - Alpha channel support for Flash 8 (requires On2 VP6 codec). Support for a real alpha channel at run-time. This revolutionary new capability provides the unique ability to overlay video composited with a transparent (even semi-transparent) alpha channel over other Flash content. Create dynamic presentations with presenters shot in front of a blue screen.
Optional tasks dialog - The publish dialog allows you send encoded media directly to an FTP site, a new location on your hard drive or even open the file in a new application.
Transport Streams for HDV, DVHS, and broadcast television - Several transport streams types have been enabled within Squeeze 5 so that users can leverage the latest formats.
· Batch processing at job, source, and output levels
Squeeze lets you process multiple video clips efficiently via the new batch processing window. Apply your settings at the job, source, or even output level to quickly prepare multiple video clips at the same time.
· Integrated links for Flash (SWF) output
This feature allows ActionScript variables to be encoded as part of the video and Flash Player templates.
· Ability to constrain output file sizes
Squeeze allows you to request a final target output file size and then automatically adjusts the compression settings to reach the desired file size.
· Adjustable cropping
Squeeze's cropping ability allows you trim the edges of your video and to quickly "cut out" undesirable areas within your video.
· Audio import
Squeeze enables you select an audio track to encode with your video file.
· Duplicate source button
With the new duplicate source button you can quickly add multiple output options with just a few clicks.
· DV capture
Squeeze captures digital video through any DV source, from a digital video camera to an analog-to-digital converter.
· In/out trim points
With the in/out trim points you can remove unwanted video at the beginning and end of your video.
· Multiple Watch Folders with multiple output options
Set up several different Watch Folders for multiple output options on your computer or even your network to streamline your workflow. Squeeze supports output for multiple formats including Flash and MPEG-4 media for streaming and progressive downloads.
· Standard NLE shortcut keys
Use the NLE shortcut keys to quickly implement standard keyboard controls used in other popular video applications.
Squeeze provides an easy-to-use interface that still provides all of the controls professionals demand.
· Ability to save audio and video filter settings
Squeeze not only enables you to adjust the audio and video filter settings, but also to save your own settings for future projects.
· Ability to save a project
Squeeze now enables you save your uncompleted project so that you can work on it at a later time.
· Customizable interface layout
Customize the Squeeze 5 interface to fit your workflow needs. Simply minimize or close windows that you do not need and expand windows that you do need.
· Filter preview slider
Use the Squeeze filter preview slider to view your filter setting changes before you encode your video.
· Modeless filter dialog
The new modeless filter dialog allows you to edit your filters and view the results of those changes (via the preview slider) without closing the dialog box.
· Detachable and resizable preview window
Detach and resize the video preview window or move it to a second monitor. Squeeze will remember where you drag and drop the windows.
· Video zoom tool for pixel-perfect cropping
With the new zoom tool you can make sure that you crop only the pixels you don't need.
· In/out preview markers
Leverage the new in/out preview markers to select a section of your video clip to preview the encoding.
· Formats: AAC, AC3, AIF/AIFF, ASF, AVI, DV, MOV, MP3, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, WAV, *WMA, *WMV
· Video Encoders: MS ISO MPEG-4 Video 1, MS MPEG-4, On2 VP6 Pro Plugin support, Sorenson H.264 Pro (for MPEG-4 encoding), Sorenson MPEG-4 Pro (for Visual Simple Profiles and Visual Profile encoding), Sorenson Spark Pro
· Audio Encoders: aac Audio, aacPlus Audio, ACELP RealAudio, ADPCM, ATSC A/52, QuickTime compatible audio codecs, Fraunhofer MP3, aacPlus, AAC, AC3, AIFF, Sony PSP , 3GPP, DVD, FLV (Sorenson Spark, and On2 VP6), F4V, HD, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MP3, MP4 AVC (H.264), MPV, SWF