SPAW Editor is a web based in-browser WYSIWYG editor control.
Version: 18.104.22.168SPAW Editor is a web based in-browser WYSIWYG editor control. SPAW Editor enables web site developers to replace a standard textarea html control with full-featured, fully customizable, multilingual, skinable web based WYSIWYG editor.
Operating System: Linux
Version 2 adds tabbed multi-document interface, floating/shared toolbars, modular architecture and many other exciting features.
Here are some key features of "SPAW Editor":
Tabbed Multi-document Interface
· Version 2 introduces new industry unique tabbed multi-document interface feature. Now you can edit virtually unlimited number of HTML snippets in a single WYSIWYG instance. This can save a lot of screen space, unnecessary scrolling and loading time compared to other solutions where you have to load as many WYSIWYG instances as HTML snippets you want to edit.
· Multiple instances of SPAW Editor v.2 can be controlled by a single toolbar. This toolbar can either be attached to one of the instances or float around the screen. This way you can save loading time and achieve a better level of integration of the editing area into complex designs (no toolbar overhead)
Resizeable Editing Area
· Users can resize editing area of the editor both vertically and horizontally. Resizing directions could be controlled by the developers as well as users or disabled altogether. Content editors are able to see as much (or as little) content as they wish.
· One of the main problems in SPAW v.1 was that it was very difficult to extend the core functionality. SPAW Editor v.2 was designed with extendability in mind. Rich API is available for developers allowing to extend the functionality to whatever your needs are. Publicly available plugins developed by Solmetra as well as 3rd parties will be posted to our plugin page.
What's New in This Release:
· The main focus of this release was reworking of the style application algorithm, combining good parts of the ways this was done in SPAW 1.x and SPAW 2 and getting rid of the bad.
· Other bugs have been fixed, workarounds implemented, and new features added.
· Numerous language files have been updated and fixed by the community.