SPF Sendmail milter is a simple Sendmail filter that implements the Sender Policy Framework with the help of the libSPF2 library
Version: 2.0.2SPF Sendmail milter is a Sendmail filter that implements the Sender Policy Framework technology with help of libSPF2 library.
Operating System: Linux
It checks SPF records to make sure that the email is authorized by the domain name that it is coming from. This prevents email forgery, commonly used by spammers, scammers and email viruses/worms.
It can reject messages on SPF hardfail result. Also it adds the standard Received-SPF header with SPF results to the scanned messages.
This filter aims to be lightweight, reliable, and simple. It's written in C. Although this filter is a stable itself, libSPF2 is a beta software and can be unstable. It can affect to the filter stability. Please, use it in the production environment with caution.
Here are some key features of "SPF Sendmail milter":
· It has a hosts/networks whitelist;
· It can reject messages on SPF hardfail result;
· It can add the standard header with SPF results;
· It logs all filter activities to syslog.
· Small code (does not exceed 320 lines);
· Fast work;
· Stability (production quality);
· Low resources are required;
· No temporary files are created.
What's New in This Release:
· Cosmetic enhancements were made.