spkg is a reimplementation of Slackware package manager (pkgtools).
Version: 1.0 RC9spkg project is a reimplementation of Slackware package manager (pkgtools). Dependencies are not handled as they are supposed to be resolved at the higher level.
Operating System: Linux
Here are some key features of "spkg":
· Extreme symplicity. Just like pkgtools.
· Fast installation (approx. 10% faster than tar xzf)
· Fast unistallation (faster than rm -rf)
· Robust implementation. (nearly all error conditions are checked)
· Rollback functionality. (no file left behind policy ;-))
· Full compatibility with legacy Slackware package database.
· Everything is libified. (see docs) You can implement new commands easily.
· Easy access to the package database thanks to libification.
What's New in This Release:
· This release adds support for uncompressed packages.