Spong is a simple systems and network monitoring package.
Version: 2.8.0 beta2Spong is a simple systems and network monitoring package. It does not compete with Tivoli, OpenView, UniCenter, or any other commercial packages.
Operating System: Linux
It is not SNMP based, it communcates via simple TCP based messages. It is written in Perl. It can currently run on every major Unix and Unix-like operating systems.
Here are some key features of "Spong":
· client based monitoring (CPU, disk, processes, logs, etc.)
· monitoring of network services (smtp, http, ping, pop, dns, etc.)
· grouping of hosts (routers, servers, workstations, PCs)
· rules based messaging when problems occur
· configurable on a host by host basis
· results displayed via text or web based interface
· history of problems
· verbose information to help diagnosis problems
· modular programs to makes it easy to add or replace check functions or features
· Big Brother BBSERVER emulation to allow Big Brother Clients to be used
What's New in This Release:
· Many new plugins and bugfixes were added.