PT Object Database using Prevayler as storage engine.
Version: 0.3.0SPT Object Database is a pure Java Object Database developed around the Prevayler transactional object persistence framework. It attempts to address some of the most glaring deficiencies in Prevayler while making full use of its great features.
License: The Apache License 2.0
Operating System: Linux
An object database is a persistent storage engine of objects1 in much the same way that a relational database is a storage engine for raw data. The following are the basic attributes that we feel are required in an object database.
1. Persistent store for objects and object graphs.
1. Persistence by reachability.
2. Transparent handling of references to other persisted objects. Honour references when de-serialising a serialised persissted object.
2. Transactional semantics for object storage and management.
3. Query mechanism to retrieve objects.
4. Handling of indices and constrains declared on the objects being persisted.
5. Managed relationships - both uni-directional and bi-directional relationships between the persistent objects.
6. Fault tolerance.
7. Simple backup and recovery processes.
8. Simple to use without having to write a lot of code.
Prevayler is an open-source transactional object serialisation framework. Implementation of Prevayler are available for other technologies as well. As covered in , Prevayler is not a database. On the other hand, it makes users create something akin to an object database. The best part of Prevayler is its high degree of fault tolerance. In numerous tests, Sans Pareil Technologies, Inc. has been unable to cause any data corruption in the data persisted using Prevayler.