Moonpodâ€™s Starscape mixes arcade game play with characterisation and involving plot. With most of its crew missing the space station Aegis is all but lost. As last remaining pilot you must defend the station against the evil Archnid race.
Version: 1.5cMoonpodâ€™s Starscape mixes old school arcade game play values with characterisation and involving plot to deepen the whole experience.
License: Free To Try $24.95
Operating System: Windows
With most of its crew missing and its weapons systems ruined the space research station Aegis is all but lost. As the last remaining pilot you must help rebuild the stationâ€™s defences, acquire alien technology and create your own uniquely configured set of fighters.
By mining the asteroids within the grid dimension, valuable resources can be harvested to fuel the Aegisâ€™s molecular furnace to build devastating weaponry.
Within the nodes of the grid you will encounter allies to aid in the struggle to escape, uncover the terrible purpose of the evil Archnid race and learn why you and the rest of the crew were brought here.
- Beautifully rendered 32bit colour graphics
- 800x600 resolution
- Thumping music sound track and sound effects
- Five different weapon technology threads to find and research, only the first is available in the demo
- Five different zones to explore, only the first is available in the demo and the rest are much much bigger
- Make alliances with friendly aliens and trade technology
- Direct and protect your space station as it fights alongside you
- Create your own â€œgarageâ€ of unique space fighters tailored to your own specifications
- Mine the asteroids, gather raw elements, research new technologies and build new items
- Recover the missing drive components and rescue your missing crewmates before escaping â€œThe Gridâ€.
- 110Mb hard disk space
- Intel Pentium II - 300MHz or equivalent minimum specification
- Hardware accelerator required, game tested with: nVidia TNT2 and GeForce series. 3Dfx voodoo 3 and above. Kyro series, ATI Rage and Radeon series. Matrox G200 or better. SiS 305 or better. Trident BladeXP or better. S3 SavagePro series.
- Needs latest OpenGL drivers
- 64Mb minimum system memory