Program searches duplicate files. It can search for duplicate files with the same content, the same file name and the same size on all available drives. For speeding up of a searching the program can use images of a drives
Version: 1.3Striclone is useful for hard drive clean up from duplicate files and thus freeing up space on the drive. Having image of the hard drive, user can promptly monitor and swiftly manage new duplicates on the drive.
License: Free To Try $24.95
Operating System: Windows
Striclone saves not only space on your hard drives; it also saves time on the drive clean up process. The program's new feature - use of drives' images - can considerably speed up the search process.
Image of drive is a special file, which stores information on files and folders located on drive. That information includes files and folders names, their size, date they were created and the files' so-called CRC (cycling redundancy check sum).
The CRC sum is often used to uniquely identify a file. Striclone uses image of drive for speeding up the duplicate search. It creates the image only once and uses it multiple times instead of reloading the files' properties off the hard drive over each time. When a content of the drive changes, user may update the image of drive. Since it adopts only the updated information, the procedure runs very quickly.
Features of Striclone:
- Creates images of drives;
- Searches for duplicates on all available drives using images of drives;
- Searches for duplicates with the same content, file name or size;
- Offers criteria filters for narrowing duplicate search: search in certain specified directories; search files with names matching a specified pattern; search by file attributes; search by file size; search files by date of creation, date of last access, date of last modification;
- Convenient presentation of search results - displaying the found duplicates in groups separated by color;
- Variety of options for sorting and filtering the found duplicates;
- File management options for the duplicates: remove, copy or move;
- Stores search results to an external file for later processing;