swapd is a dynamic swap creation deamon.
Version: 1.0.1swapd is a dynamic swap creation deamon, it monitors the system memory and detect when swap creation will be required. the swap size is determined automatically with respect of sysadmin limits.
Operating System: Linux
· Make sure you are logged in as root.
· Run 'make install'.
· Take a look at /usr/local/etc/swapd.conf and change what is necessary.
· Create the swap directory you chose in swapd.conf (it should be accessible only by root).
· Add the following line to /etc/rc.d/rc.local:
· If you recompiled the kernel, now would be the time to reboot. If you haven't, just 'rehash' and run 'swapd' as root.