SWISH++ is file indexing and searching engine typically used for web servers.
Version:SWISH++ is a Unix-based file indexing and searching engine (typically used to index and search files on web sites).
Operating System: Linux
SWISH++ project was based on SWISH-E although SWISH++ is a complete rewrite. SWISH++ was developed to circumvent my difficulties with using the SWISH-E package.
SWISH++ has been ported to compile and run under Microsoft Windows by Robert J. Lebowitz and Christoph Conrad.
Here are some key features of "SWISH plus plus":
· Lightning-fast indexing
· Indexes META elements, ALT, and other attributes
· Selectively not index text within HTML or XHTML elements
· Intelligently index mail and news files
· Index Unix manual page files
· Index LaTeX and RTF documents
· Index ID3 tags of MP3 files
· Index non-text files such as Microsoft Office documents
· Apply filters to files on-the-fly prior to indexing
· Modular indexing architecture
· Index new files incrementally
· Index remote web sites
· Handles large collections of files
· Lightning-fast searching
· Optional word stemming (suffix stripping)
· Ability to run as a search server
· Easy-to-parse results format
· XML results format
· Generously commented source code
What's New in This Release:
· Indexing of some ID3 tags was broken.