Tab n Dex - PIM database
Version: 1.4.2Tab'n Dex is a fast and simple but flexible database. It tracks 14 fields of information (including a free text "Comments" field) on up to 5000 different records.
Operating System: Mac OS X
Tab n Dex can sort the data by almost any field and can be searched and printed in a number of different ways.
Records can be easily added, updated, deleted, searched, listed, or printed. It is set up to store important names, addresses, phone numbers and the like but you can change the names and sort order of the fields and menus and store information on just about anything.
· Nag screens.
· Only 10 records per file.
What's New in This Release:
· You can now create custom reports which can be previewed or printed. These custom report formats will be saved in the preference file and will be available with any Tab'n Dex file. These custom reports will be added to the current menu of pre-programmed reports, adding additional flexibility to Tab'n Dex.
· The "List" window now allows for changing the sort order within the original sort group. It also allows the setting and changing of the first (locked) column in the sort list view. This means that you can select records based on a section of all records sorted by a given field and then change the sort order and first column of the resulting list display. This adds greater ease in finding selected records.
· You can now set the secondary sort order for reports and lists. Selecting the top three sort fields will alter the order in which records are displayed and listed in previews, printing, and under tabs. Tab'n Dex uses the current sort order and then two of the three secondary sort order fields to sort the data.
· Widened the main window to allow for viewing longer field names. The current Sort Order field name will be displayed in bold text. The currently active field (the field containing the cursor) will be surrounded in blue.
· Modified the Tab'n Dex look to more closely match the "Platinum" appearance found in OS 8 and above.
· Plus several other enhancements, both visible and "behind the scenes" including adding additional import/export delimiter choices.