Open source AJAX+JSP solution for browsing arbitrary tagged information
Version: 2.0TagsTreeMaps applies research on TreeMaps with community tagging systems, such as tag clouds.
Operating System: Mac OS X
When trying to browse through a large space of tagged information, it is very hard to get a hold on a large number of tags used. Currently used solutions like tag clouds present static approach to present and differentiate presented tags.
Eventually, user has problems when trying to find appropriate tags to browse the information. Quite often the tags cannot be filtered by any means and they will always be represented as a flat structure.
TagsTreeMaps not only allows to clearly mark the most important (commonly used) tags, but also delivers plugginable architecture for:
· filtering of tags - current plugins are: min/max usage, filtering by tag's name with WordNet meaning extension;
· preprocessing tags - current plugins: clustering tags based on
· predefined bundles of tags;
· string similarity distances;
· postprocessing treemap – current plugin allows to colour tags so that they are distinctive and much easier to read.
NOTE: TagsTreeMaps is licensed and provided under the terms of the BSD License.