TamilKey is a utility for typing in Tamil language.
Version: 0.4.0TamilKey is a utility for typing in Tamil language. It will be ideal for tamil bloggers.
Operating System: Linux
Tamilkey will support most of the popular keyboard layouts used among tamils.
Currently tamilkey supports Anjal and tamilnet99 keyboard layouts. In future bamini, tamiltypewriter keyboard layouts will be added.
Your computer should have atleast one tamil unicode font.
1. Install the tamilkey plugin and restart the firefox.
2. keep the cursor in any text field in the browser and press F12 (for tamilnet99 style keyboard) or Ctr and F12 (for Anjal Style keyboard) and start typing in tamil language!
To switch back to English typing, Press F9
Happy Tamil Typing !!!
· Thunderbird 1.5 - 1.5.0.*
What's New in This Release:
Bugs fixed in this version:
· TamilVisai not working in Chatzilla
· TamilVisai not working new GMail compose window
· Tamil 99 rules
· 5,7,9,10,11 are not present
· Tamil 99 special characters (௺,௹) are not present
· Tamil 99 Ayudam 'ஃ' cannot be typed.
· In Anjal keyboard typing 'qpyarqpaakS' does not convert as 'ஃபயர்ஃபாக்ஸ்'
· Bamini/Old/New typewriters kombu, pulli related bugs
· Bamini/Old/New typewriters canonical equivalence for Ogaram, Augaram related bug
· Bamini/New typewriters otru next to augaram related bug
· Bamini/New typewriter missing letters
New Features in this version:
· Pre-selected website URLs
· Visual changes to selected textbox
· Inscript and Avvai keyboards
· Right click context menu changes