Tellu computer inspector collects hardware and software information.
Version: 2.4.0Tellu computer inspector collects hardware and software information from large computer client networks, and stores data in MySQL database.
Operating System: Linux
Tellu package is divided into three sub-packages: Client, Server and Skin. Client and server packages are essential for Tellu to work. Client program collects the actual information from network, and sends them to the server which saves the data in local or remote MySQL database.
Skin is an optional interface top of that database, but to get fun out of Tellu, it is recommended to install. Server package also contains a monitoring server, which collects information about Tellu server. There is a Motif based client for monitoring server activity, which uses monitoring server to read actual activity data.
What's New in This Release:
· Support for a compressed protocol was added in the client and the server.
· A rush tolerance option was added, which delays the client from starting more than once within fifteen seconds.
· A process count in realtime resource usage collection was added.
· The capability to collect new hardware items was added in client.
· An attachment browser was added in the skin, and some other improvements were made in the skin.