Teromail is a free summarizing webmail with smart search.
Version: 0.3.55Teromail is a free summarizing webmail with smart search. Teromail is not actively being developed nor tested enough for production use, but is usefull as
Operating System: Linux
A prototype of a better user interface for webmail
An example how to program with php-imap library.
Here are some key features of "Teromail":
· Easy to use
· No user configuration needed
· Toolbar (new message, search, logout) and mailboxes always visible
· User interface is tested with actual non-geek humans during development
For Advanced Users
· Initial summary page is often enough for reading mail
· Summary shows the real content by skipping quotes and newlines
· Search works like web search engines
· Case insensitive “and” search
· Automatically searches both headers and body
· Usable in both graphical browsers (Mozilla, Phoenix) and text mode browsers (lynx, elinks).
· Mobile devices support
· xhtml basic is an html standard specially made for pda’s
· Only three page requests are needed to view latest messages (login, summary, logout)
· Light interface without visual clutter
· No graphics (in the interface, can of course display attached pics)
· Only new message -page uses tables
· Secure, always uses ssl (https) connection
· Tabs support: any link can be opened in a new window or tab.
· Easy installation
· Just copy teromail directory into a directory displayed on the web, such as ~/public_html/ or /var/www/html/
· Secure, teromail is just another client to imap server
· Business people
· Free, runs on a completely free platform
· Small codebase: only 700 lines of php code (to compare, a well known webmail Squirrelmail is more than 25 000 lines of php)
· Toobox principle - small separate tools. Teromail uses external programs and libraries when possible.
· imap server: basic mail handling, sending, searching
· php-imap (a standard part of php 4): connection to the imap server
· optional components
· spamassassin and procmail can filter spam
What's New in This Release:
· Tested with Ubuntu 6.06 LTS Dapper, PHP 5, and Dovecot 0.99.14-1ubuntu1.1.
· This release fixes unexpected T_ABSTRACT and unexpected T_STRING header.php 4.
· Ubuntu 6.06-specific install instructions have been added.