Testmaster is a testcase reporting, logging and test automation tool, much like the commercial product test director.
Version: 1.1 Beta 3Testmaster is a testcase reporting, logging and test automation tool, much like the commercial product test director.
Operating System: Linux
It was conceived while I was working in a testbed and was asked to perform testing by taking some printed sheets from a folder, marking off which tests I had executed and emailing my progress every day.
Here are some key features of "Testmaster":
· Fully web based
· Hierarchal management of testsuites (Department, Project, Testsuite)
· Hierarchal management of testsuite administration
· Import of testcases from word documents, CSV files, manual entry or SQL
· Copy of testsuites
· Testcase logging (including state (pass/fail/hold etc., tester notes, trouble ticket ids and change history)
· Full statistics for each testsuite (execution count, state counts, percentage complete)
· Two types of Email reports
· Full run log and change history for each testcase
· Full testcase / testsuite search facility
· Administrative interface
· Written fully in perl
· Customisable web templates
· Test automation interface
Testmaster runs on Linux and uses apache to serve webpages, postgresql as the database, antiword to convert M$ docs and perl as the development language.
What's New in This Release:
· Fixed bug in DoSql which only showed up on certain DBI versions.
· This prevented people logging in.... Thanks to Chint for his patience on tracing this down.