THREDDS project is developing middleware to bridge the gap between data providers and data users.
Version: 3.16THREDDS (short from Thematic Realtime Environmental Distributed Data Services) project is developing middleware to bridge the gap between data providers and data users. The goal is to simplify the discovery and use of scientific data and to allow scientific publications and educational materials to reference scientific data.
Operating System: Linux
The mission of THREDDS is for students, educators and researchers to publish, contribute, find, and interact with data relating to the Earth system in a convenient, effective, and integrated fashion.
Just as the World Wide Web and digital library technologies have simplified the process of publishing and accessing multimedia documents, THREDDS is building infrastructure needed for publishing and accessing scientific data in a similarly convenient fashion.
· Java 1.5 or above, we recommend the latest version of Java 1.6.
· Tomcat 5.5 or above, we recommend the latest version of Tomcat 6.0
What's New in This Release:
· Netcdf Subset for Metars, Grids, Grids as Points
· Write any GridDataset as CF compliant netCDF file.
· Write UnidataStationObsDataset netCDF files.
· Documentation link on catalog.html pages points to unidata web site.
· Default is allow=false for CdmValidator, WCS, NetcdfSubset.
· Fmrc : set cache=3 to prevent closing agg
· Aggregation.sync : clear out coordinates systems so they can be rebuilt correctly
· ncss/metars: reinit at 1 am local time
· DODS NcDAS : promote signed byte attributes to short
· speedup UnidataStationObsDataset for ncss
· FmrcSingle: forecast time must be type double with NaNs for missing values
· WCS, NetcdfServer: dont show stack trace on 404 error, or user input