TimeToyPro - Add time-stretching effects to audio files
Version: 2.0TimeeToyPro is a Mac OS X application for adding neat time-stretching effects to your audio files. It's fun and easy to use, and best of all really cheap!
License: Free To Try $17.00
Operating System: Mac OS X
Most time manipulation tools are utilitarian by nature: sure they might sound ok but they're no fun to play around with. Usually you're forced to set a time stretching ratio and then after watching the progress bar crawl by your patience is rewarded with a longer version of your input file. *yawn*.
In TimeToyPro you can draw a graph to plot out crazy time variations which are executed in real-time. Registered users can even drag the mouse across a sound's waveform to perform fixed-pitch audio scrubbing and freeze effects!
Here are some key features of "TimeToyPro":
· stretch a sound to 10000% its original length without changing pitch to create fascinating new sounds
· create odd tempo changes in a soundfile (with a speech sample, you can make the speaker sound drunk :-)
· musicians: slow down that tricky musical excerpt to find out exactly what notes are being played
· plug in a microphone and perform with TimeToyPro using the Live Audio Input mode.
What's New in This Release:
· full drag & drop functionality
· scan forward and reverse buttons
· looping playback function
· simplified save to file function
· can now import .mp3 and .mov files of any length
· spacebar starts/stops playback, return resets to beginning of file
· spiffy new brushed aluminum interface
· cleaned up menu commands
· better error handling
· tutorial files
· advanced Stretch Settings pane allows for detailed control over output sound quality and extreme effects
· support for any core-audio compatible audio harware
· real-time input mode for streaming audio stretch effects
· user can set loop points within audio file
· mouse-scrubbable audio waveform window for extreme stretch effects or audio freezing.