Tmxxine is a linux distribution based on Puppy Linux 2.01.
Version: 0.7Tmxxine is a linux distribution based on Puppy Linux 2.01.
Operating System: Linux
Here are some key features of "Tmxxine":
· All standard puppy software included: WP, Spreadsheet, Browser, editors, painting, vector editor, email, ftp, chat etc
· Voice Synthesis At the moment the Operating system is not singing to you but the Symphony code is being used. "Flinger" is being considered for future versions. Right clicking on an icon and opening it as text will give you this. The talk command says the word - change the words to have the computer say what you want
· Audacity sound editor. Very stable. Also available for Windows.
· Xara graphics - 50% complete - very usable. Sadly the enclosed nightly build is unstable (first time) for a stable version try here∞
· NVU WSIWYG HTML editor. NVU is more powerful than composer on which it is based. Tmxxine has made a commitment to create its documentation in wiki format. This tool is for temporary deployment.
· 007 blowfish single file encryption. This only works on single files. It is only two lines of code
· Java. Widely used, the third most important language after C and C++ It allows access to java enabled web sites - many scientific sites make use of it.
· Extra codecs for viewing movies through the Internet
· Mplayer - be careful with this - crashed my machine from within dotpup menu
· VYM - View Your Mind. A Mind mapping thought generation tool
· Tuxcard - organise you bits of information
· Xfce Window manager, Shut down / exit to prompt and then type xwin xfce To return reboot Xfce and then type xwin jwm