Tom the Tomato is a clone of Rainbow inslands.
Version: 2.0.1Tom the Tomato is a clone of Rainbow inslands.
Operating System: Linux
Tom must jump higher and higher to survive. Graphic is simple - hand draw.
What's New in This Release:
· Higher RESOLUTION (320x240 Pixel instead of 256x192!)
· More COLORS (Full 8-bit mode, 262144 color palette instead of 256 colors!)
· More NOISE (New 8-bit square-wave generator! [replaced with a sample in 2.01])
· True programmers` art GRAPHICS (...!)
· True programmers` art MUSIC (turn off speakers!)
· Bounding box COLLISION (with big bounding boxes!)
· 4-way SCROLLING (and simulated 8-way scrolling!)
· 10 LEVELS (hard to beat!)
· unique TILES in every level (with transparent background!)
· 4 unique ENEMIES (animated!)
· 1 PARTICLE effect (rain drops!)
· 1 SPECIAL EFFECT (tainted sprites in water!)
· 1 SOUND effect (might interfere with music though [not anymore in 2.01]!)
· RECORD/PLAYBACK possibilities (9 demo recordings included!)
· Unlimited RESTARTS (instead of load/save cheating!)
· CHEAT CODE (skip levels by pressing IDLEV times during ready screen!)
· Full C++ SOURCE CODE provided (somewhat obfuscated, and protected by GPL!)
· Uses the ALLEGRO library (therefore running on lots of platforms!)
· Uses DUMB for music playback (as of version 2.01!)