TraffAcct is a platform for gathering network traffic data for use in link volume calculations or billing.
Version: 1.5TraffAcct is a platform for gathering network traffic data for use in link volume calculations or billing. TraffAcct can be used to monitor the traffic usage of many network interfaces include Ethernet, serial, ATM, and Frame Relay. It can also be used to account for traffic on virtual connections such as Dialup ISDN, IP Accounting, and VPDN connections (adsl for example).
Operating System: Linux
This product runs on UNIX / Linux only.
Perform the following
That will install the software in the location you specified. It will also localise all scripts and files for your system (i.e. location of the installed software, location of Ember etc).
To access the web interface you must link from your document tree to the installation directory using something like
ln -s /usr/local/traffacct/www /usr/local/apache/htdocs/traffacct
The data acquisition poller must be run at regular intervals. It is recommended that you run the poller every 5 minutes from cron. Depending on the format of your crontab file, you should add something like the following
*/5 * * * * root /usr/local/traffacct/poller
Details for configuring devices, circuits and users is contained in the users guide. There are also some sample configuration files in the sample-config directory.
· You must have Ember and the Ember SNMP module installed BEFORE you
· try to install this package. Ember and it's modules can be downloaded
· from the Hughes Technologies web site at www.Hughes.com.au. Your web
· server must also be configured to execute .ehtml files through the
· web/html version of Ember called w3e. See either the Ember
· documentation or the TraffAcct FAQ for more details.
What's New in This Release:
· Minor changes to the VPDN collectors error handling to better catch unexpected exceptions
· Fixed "year list" issue. Year list is now comprised of the current year and the 4 previous years.