TXTcollector grabs all .txt files from the directory of your choice and combines them into a new (larger) text file. This can come in handy: I use TXTcollector myself to grab a CD full of readme's to enable me to read them all in one go.
Version: 2.0.2TXTcollector grabs all .txt files from the directory of your choice and combines them into a new (larger) text file.
Operating System: Windows
This can come in handy: I use TXTcollector myself to grab a CD full of readme's to enable me to read them all in one go. At work I use it to combine daily and weekly reports and to combine server backup logs. Some users find this application perfect for combining their network log files.
- grabs all .txt files from a directory and combines them
- puts directory-, file name and separator between each text file
- possibility to add your own extensions and separators
- popup list with files ready to be merged
- able to recursively search directories
- allows continuous merging (without Carriage Returns)
- runs on Windows 95 / 98 / ME / NT4 / 2000 / 2003 / XP / Vista
Version 2.0.2: New: Prevention system for when you (accidentally) scan an entire disk volume or partition. Minor bugfixes when scanning a very large amount of files.
Version 2.0.1: New: "No Carriage Returns"-option to allow removal of CR's between text segments. Added a link to the Extensions and Separators files. Removed Drag & Drop functionality due to far too much trouble on older systems.
Version 2.0.0: New: Improved user experience, Windows Vista compatibility, and support for themes (Windows XP and Vista).