UIM Isn't Mock-up is a multilingual input method library.
Version: 1.0.0Uim is a multilingual input method library. Uim's project goal is to provide secure and useful input method for all languages.
Operating System: Linux
Here are some key features of "UIM Isn t Mock up":
· Uim works in many environments. Uim supports of course general desktop system such as GNOME or KDE, but also supports Linux Zaurus, Mac OS X.
Just a library
· Many input method frameworks such as XIM is implemented as a client/server system. But uim is a library, not a client/server system. Most of users don't need input method system at all or need simple table based input method system. Such users wouldn't install complex input method system, so we want keep our input method simple. Now uim may not be simple so much, but we have a will to make uim as simple as we can.
Applications that can be used with UIM:
· All X applications. (You can use them with uim-xim.)
· Gtk+ applications such as gedit. There are two way to use uim. Through uim gtk-immodule directly, or through xim immodule. We recommend using uim through gtk immodule directly.
· All qt applications. There are two way to use uim. Through XIM or qt-immodule. If you want to uim with qt-immodule, you will need a patch now.
· All console applications. (You can use them with uim-fep.)
What's New in This Release:
· A bridge for Emacs (uim.el), a Hangul input suite (byeoru), and yet another Japanese input method (mana) were added.
· Many bugfixes were made.