UniPKG (Universal PaCkaGe manager) is a modular package manager.
Version: 0.6.5UniPKG - Universal PacKaGe manager - is a modular package manager. UniPKG contains support for RPM, DEB and slack's TGZ package format. In distant future, ArchLinux's package format is planned as well.
Operating System: Linux
It doesn't depend on any of the distribution's tools - it's completely self-sufficient, formats such as cpio or tar were (re)implemented.
Note that the binaries for unipkg core, unipkg-trans (which allows migration of data among two backends), three package handlers (Deb, RPM and Slack) and five database backends (File, Directory, XML file, Debian r/o and Slack r/o) have in total only 160kB. The dependencies are only zlib and libc, optionally also libxml2-0 (unipkg-xmlfile backend) and sqlite3 (unipkg-sqlite backend).
UniPKG was carefully tested using Valgrind, to cut the chances of a memory leak or other improper memory handling.
UniPKG is licensed under the free GNU/GPLv2.
What's New in This Release:
· A written archive API for handling CPIO, TAR, and AR archive formats. All package handlers have been rewritten to use this API.
· An ArchLinux package handler has been added.
· SUIG/SGID missing while unpacking has been fixed.
· Preliminary LZMA support (Larhzu) has been added.
· The RPM package handler has been completely rewritten.
· Work has begun on netlib and UniGET.
· There are various bugfixes.