Universal Module Player is a multiplatform audio module player for Unix-like systems.
Version: B4Universal Module Player or UModPlayer, is a audio module "tool-chain", providing you functions to work with modules like playing, exporting, getting information, and more.
License: Public Domain
Operating System: Linux
Universal Module Player works in UNIX-like platforms, including Linux, Mac OS X, FreeBSD, Solaris...
It uses the Custom LibModPlug audio library, an improved version of the well-known LibModPlug library, supporting more than 20 formats and giving you high playing quality. It uses LibSDL to handle multiplatform sound support.
Here are some key features of "Universal Module Player":
· You can play the supported formats and seek to any order in the song. You have pause, timer, display, and other standard features.
· You can view the pattern notes while playing.
· You can specify noise reduction, megabass, surround, reverb sound options specifying the grade and the delay of most of the options.
· You can create, save and edit playlists to play a selection of modules.
· You can read and export to a file the song builtin message, the song instrument names and the song sample names.
· Each user of your UNIX box can save all the sound options.
· And much more!
Supported file formats on both Little Endian (Intel x86, etc.) and Big Endian (PowerPC, SPARC, MIPS, Motorola 68000, etc.) platforms:
Impulse Tracker (IT), Scream Tracker (STM), Scream Tracker 3 (S3M), Extended Modules (XM), Amiga Modules (MOD), OktaMED (MED), Oktalyzer (OKT), Unreal Modules (UMX), Composer 669 (669), DigiBooster Pro Modules (DBM), PolyTracker (PTM), and Farandole (FAR)
Additional file formats supported only on Little Endian platforms (support for Big Endian is on development):
MultiTracker Modules (MTM), AFM, AMS, DMF, DSM, DigiTracker (MDL), MadTracker 2.0 (MT2), PSM, ULT
You can export or convert any of the above formats to the following file types:
Impulse Tracker (IT)
WAVE Audio File (WAV)
Audio Interchange File Format (AIFF)
Raw Pulse Code Modulation (PCM)
What's New in This Release:
· Buffer length fixes.
· Playlist commands were a pain. Now we use the first letter of the command name. Also, pressing ENTER does not quit, the user has to explicitly specify to quit pressing 'q'
· Hopefully fixed AIFF exporting bug.
· New section in the README about LibAo configuration, and some misc. rearrangements.